More than a job.
Thank you for your interest in Lubbock Area United Way! Every person who works here shares a common bond: the desire to improve the quality of life for as many people as possible in Lubbock and the surrounding communities. Are you interested in making a difference? Browse our list of open positions and submit your resume today.
Division Director, Annual Campaign
Are you passionate about making a difference in your community? Do you enjoy details, building relationships and are a highly organized person? Then consider applying for Lubbock Area United Way’s Division Director position. Responsibilities include managing assigned divisions in the annual giving campaign with a focus on building and maintaining relationships to increase participation from individuals, various professional groups and local employers. Duties include coordination and training of volunteers, screening of information, management and distribution of supplies, data entry and report creation. Excellent computer and communication skills required. Prior experience with a relational database or in fundraising is a plus. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. Full time position with excellent benefits. Send resume with cover letter and references to Lynn Owens.
Marketing and Communications Intern
Requested hours per week: 15-20 hours, unpaid
Requested time commitment: Jan 2020 – May 2020
Potential Majors: Communications Design, Advertising, Electronic Media, Marketing, Public Relations, other related majors
- Work with staff to create social media updates
- Evaluate social media sites
- Edit newsletters, articles, stories, website and other content
- Assist in story writing, interviewing, etc.
- Promote Lubbock Area United Way and our programs
- Assist in designing invitations, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Other office-related duties/tasks
Qualifications/Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, and social media sites/practices, experience in writing and proofreading, professional phone and email etiquette a must, related coursework or previous experience a plus
Benefits to internship:
- Gain knowledge of the nonprofit field
- Partially responsible for our social media presence
- Develop skills in content editing, interviewing, and writing
- Develop contacts with businesses, individuals, and fellow nonprofits in the community
- Gain experience in writing and media method
- Gain experience in event planning
- Opportunity to create portfolio-quality work
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and class schedule to Amanda McAfee.
Equal Opportunity Employer