Lubbock, TX 79413
Phone: (806) 792-2723
Executive Director: Glenda Mathis
Mission: The Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA) of the United States of America is a woman's membership movement nourished by its roots in the Christian faith and sustained by the richness of many beliefs and values.
Strengthened by diversity, the association draws together members who strive to create opportunities for women's growth leadership and power in order to attain a common vision: peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all people.
Programs funded by the Lubbock Area United Way:
- YW-CAre - After school child care for children ages 5-12. Scholarships are available for income eligible families.
- Day Camp - The YWCA Day Camps offer children ages 5-12 opportunities to participate in outdoor activities such as hiking, canoeing, swimming and cookouts. Indoor activities include arts and crafts, yoga, music, games and story time. Camperships are available to income eligible families.
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Program - Outreach education program that targets women between the ages of 40 and 64 who are at or below 200% of the federal poverty level and have no insurance coverage.
Other services offered by YWCA:
- Aerobics - for kids, adults, seniors
- Specialty Fitness Classes
- Open Gym and Weight Room
- Exceptional YW-CAre - After school recreational/education program for severe and profoundly handicapped children (K-6)
- Head Start - Preschool readiness program for income eligible children
- Gang and Drug Abuse Program
- S.H.A.R.P. - Sexual Harassment, Assault, and Rape Prevention training