P. O. Box 54089
Lubbock, TX 79453
Phone: (806) 748-5292
Crisis Hotline: (806) 747-6491 or Toll-free: 1 (800) 736-6491
Executive Director: Jason Henry
Women's Protective Services provides:
- Community education to prevent incidents of family violence shelter services to create a safe and supportive environment for the purpose of assisting, women, children and families in crisis and transitional situations
- Rehabilitation services for violent family members
- A wide range of support services to assist women and children to become and remain self-sufficient and improve their lives
Services provided by Women's Protective Services are free, confidential and are provided without regard to race, ethnicity, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, religious affiliation, or income.
Programs funded by the Lubbock Area United Way:
Residential Program – Women's Protective Services provides a comprehensive shelter-based, residential program to women, children and families. Services provided include:
- Emergency transportation.
- A 24-hour crisis hotline.
- A safe haven and life necessities such as food, clothing, personal hygiene items.
- Social referring (housing opportunities, income assistance, job search, education, basic lifeskills).
- Individual and group counseling for women and children.
- Legal advocacy.
- Medical and transportation assistance.
Non-resident program – Women's Protective Services provides services to women and children who are not in the Center, but who are utilizing individual counseling a support group setting to learn about domestic violence, self-esteem, developing a positive self-concept, and learning coping skills. The non-resident program provides:
- Individual and group counseling for adults and group counseling for children
- Social referral
- Legal advocacy
- Basic Independent Living Skills
- Community Education – Women's Protective Services provides community education for the prevention and or reduction of family violence in the community of Lubbock and surrounding 11 county target area.