1306 9th Street
Mahon Library- 2nd Floor
Lubbock, TX 79401
Phone: (806) 775-3636
Fax: (806) 775-2827
Executive Director: Julie Laughlin
Mission: Literacy Lubbock executes and supports programs that enable people to become literate.
Program funded by the Lubbock Area United Way:
Adult Literacy/ESL - designed to teach adults how to read or improve their skills to become more literate or to gain the skills necessary to pass the GED test. English as a Second Language teaches reading, writing and speaking skills.
Other programs offered by Literacy Lubbock include:
- VolunteerTraining - volunteer tutors are recruited and trained by the Literacy Lubbock.
- Share a Book with a Child - A children's outreach librarian or library assistant conducts a story hour, and Literacy Lubbock provides a free copy of the featured book to each family
- Barton Program- This program is designed for adults with Dyslexia or other learning challenges..
- Tiny Tots Family Literacy Program: A reading program for age 4 and younger.
- We Can Read - Guadalupe/Parkway Neighborhood Centers -- promotes the importance of reading by working with both parents and children through interactive reading.