In conjunction with National Child Abuse Prevention Month in April, GO BLUE LUBBOCK is a community-wide effort to bring awareness to high rates of child abuse in our area and the need for prevention education. In Lubbock County, an average of 3 children per day become confirmed victims of abuse and neglect. Other victims exist but go unreported, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Most of the children are age three and under.
There are several ways that you can get involved:
1. Register for the GO BLUE LUBBOCK Kickoff on March 27th at 8:30 AM.
2. Order free GO BLUE wristbands for your company or organization.
3. Purchase a t-shirt in support of GO BLUE LUBBOCK and the South Plains Child Abuse Prevention Coalition.
4. Participate in GO BLUE Fridays by wearing blue every Friday in April and sharing why you wear blue.
5. Share and tag all through April with the hashtag #GOBLUELUBBOCK
6. Participate in one of the many events going on throughout the month.