COVID-19 HOME | LOCAL RESOURCES | OUR COMMUNITY PARTNERS | GIVE AND VOLUNTEER | MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES | PARENT RESOURCES | DICTIONARY | SOUTH PLAINS HEROES
Lubbock Area United Way is working with the City of Lubbock, our Community Partners, and other community stakeholders to address the numerous complexities surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak.
We encourage everyone to rally to support the South Plains as we walk through this health crisis together. We can only do the best we can for ourselves, our families, our coworkers, and our neighbors. As we work to create solutions, know that we are keeping the safety and wellbeing of everyone on the South Plains at the forefront and will communicate accordingly.
Texas has started a free Statewide COVID-19 Mental Health Support Hotline. Click the link or call 833-986-1919.
Resources for the City of Lubbock and Lubbock County:
- City of Lubbock Health Department – information specific to the response in Lubbock, including local guidelines and resources
- Lubbock Chamber of Commerce – information and resources for local businesses
- University Medical System
- Covenant Health
- Texas Tech Health Sciences Center
Resources from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- COVID-19 homepage – information for communities, school, and health professionals as well as updates on the disease and helpful resources
- FAQ – information on how the disease spreads, symptoms, and how to protect yourself
- Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities, Resources for the Home includes cleaning recommendations, planning ahead, and what to do if you're sick
- Communication Resources, including factsheets, posters, and videos
Resources for the state of Texas
Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS):
- COVID-19 homepage with information on prevention strategies, symptoms, and what to do if you're sick
- Texas Case Count page has the latest information on the number of confirmed cases in the state
- COVID-19 Local Health Entities has a listing of all county public health facilities across the state
- If you have questions or would like more information about this content, contact the DSHS COVID‑19 Call Center: 1-877-570-9779; Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Texas Governor's Office:
- Governor Abbott's office has created a COVID-19 page on their website with specific information for Texans and information about waivers and mandates.