COVID-19 HOME | LOCAL RESOURCES | OUR COMMUNITY PARTNERS | GIVE AND VOLUNTEER | PARENT RESOURCES | DICTIONARY | SOUTH PLAINS HEROES
Please see below for information about closures, organizations working remotely, cancelations and program updates from our Community Partners related to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Lubbock
- Catholic Charities Resale Center
- Free Tax Prep Locations
- Goodwill of Northwest Texas - Lubbock, Wolfforth and Amarillo stores
- Guadalupe Parkway Neighborhood Centers
- Literacy Lubbock
- Upbring Health for Friends Clinic - Main clinic and all outreach sites
- American Red Cross
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Boy Scouts, South Plains Council
- CASA of the South Plains
- Family Counseling Services
- Girl Scouts
- Parenting Cottage
- Voice of Hope
- Volunteer Center of Lubbock
- Enrollment interviews and match introductions with volunteers and families have been suspended.
- Bigs and Littles are encouraged to use text, video and phone calls.
- All in-person council & district events, activities, and meetings will be cancelled and/or postponed through at least April 30
Working remotely through March 31. Staff are available by cell phone or email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparing to provide pre-service volunteer training virtually through an online tool. Additional details will be sent to individuals who have signed up for the March volunteer training session via email.
- Food Vouchers, Direct Client Assistance and Youth and Family Service clients can now schedule appointments online
- Youth and Family Services will soon provide online video chat for counseling and case management
- Communities in Schools is working closely with community and school leaders to provide assistance to the students they serve.
- Types of Assistance provided by Communities in Schools durng this time:
- Counselors are contacting clients with options for remote counseling.
- All groups are canceled until further notice.
- Currently not accepting new clients. Please visit the website to request counseling using the "Sign Up" tab.
- Office is closed, so please use email to communicate with your counselor.
- Free Parenting Classes are now available online:
- Anger Management Class: Monday at 6:30 PM
- Parenting Classes: Tuesdays at 6:30 PM
- Log onto the website at the designated time: http://www.lubbockfamily.org/
- Emotional Health and Wellness for kids: DinoMight Tykes
- PreK, Kindergarten, First Grade
- March 30th through April 2nd
- Join every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday on Facebook Live
- 11:00 - 11:30 AM
- Visit Facebook.com/FamilyGuidanceAndOutreach for more information
- All Girl Scout programming and troop meetings are canceled through March 29.
- Summer camp registration has been postponed.
- All Goodwill locations in Lubbock in Amarillo are closed until further notice.
- TPALS is suspending in-house classes until further notice.
- Goodwill will be contacting each student individually by phone to discuss the suspension and how it affects them individually.
- Goodwill of Northwest Texas will be closing all area locations untill this crisis has passed.
- Learn how you can support our community at home: http://www.goodwillnwtexas.org/shop-online.html
- Accepting area donations at these stores:
- 5710 Spur 327
- 1940 34th Street
- United Supermarkets
- 82nd and Boston
- Starting March 24, open 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM to take calls and make appointments for legal advice, applicants, and clients.
- Reduced number of people allowed into the office at one time.
- Increasing services provided by phone.
- Literacy Lubbock is working on an online tutoring option, more details to come.
- In-Person classes cancelled until further notice.
- Please call the clinic to schedule your appointment to be seen. This will minimize the exposure of walk-in visits.
- Please only bring in the sick child(ren) and one adult if possible. This will allow us to minimize the number of individuals who are in the waiting area.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment at the East or North Clinic locations please provide us with a courtesy call to cancel or reschedule. Doing so will allow us to serve as many children as we can.
- We will operate clinics based on the healthcare needs of your child. If your child(ren) are:
- Sick Clinic (acute visits): East Location, 1307 Martin Luther King Blvd, 806.749.3800
- Wellness Clinic (physicals, well-exams, immunizations, ADHD Visits): North Clinic, 302 N. University, 806.749.3803
- The Parenting Cottage is implmenting virtual home visits with families through telephone, FaceTime, Zoom and other virtual resources.
- Dining room closed. Take-away meels being provided at regular meal times.
- Everyone that enters the facility to be subject to having the temperature taken (via infrared thermometer). Those exhibiting a temperature of 101.4 or above will be referred to medical/health authorities before being granted entry into facilities.
- Quarantine beds have been set up for anyone with a fever and/or symptom.
- Hope Totes with essential cleaning supplies and rent and utilitity assistance available. Please call 806.765.9434.
- Neighborhood House
- All applications and other assistance via phone 806.589.1907
- Anyone needing utility assistance must complete an online application through the Community Development website.
- Clients may call Neighborhood House for assistance in filling out the form.
- Food vouchers available Monday - Wednesday from 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM. Clients will be admitted into the office one at a time.
- UWYD meetings have been suspended. Officers are working on a plan to keep members engaged.
- The Volunteer Center is now working remoteley, you can contact us at email@example.com
- The Volunteer Center is working with our agency partners to develop volunteer oppertunities that will impact our neighbors in need.
- The YWCA will continue to offer childcare and extended camp services for anyone who has been impacted by the school district closures. Hours of care will be from 7:30am to 6:00pm.
YWCA “study camps” will focus on giving children the online access and support they need and giving them the opportunity for structured outside time and a nutritious lunch and snacks.
The YWCA Head Start and Early Head Start programs are temporarily suspended pending guidance from the national office.
For infants, toddlers and preschoolers, parents should call (806)776-9734 for any questions.
For school-aged children, parents should call (806)776-9505 for any questions.
To enroll, parents can go online http://www.ywcalubbock.org/camps/
YWCA is offering free lunches for children 18 and younger:
Pick up location: Talkington YWCA Sun 'n Fun at the concession stand window on the pool patio
Meals will be served Monday-Friday from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Spring Break Volunteering
Go Blue Lubbock Kickoff
Mad Hatter & Easter Style Show
8th Annual Child Abuse Conference
Champions for Children Luncheon
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes
MUD Volleyball Tournament