COVID-19 HOME | LOCAL RESOURCES | OUR COMMUNITY PARTNERS | MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES | PARENT RESOURCES | DICTIONARY
Please see below for information about closures, organizations working remotely, cancelations and program updates from our Community Partners related to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Working remotely to help victims of home fires, services available by phone and online
- Response Fact Sheet
- Bigs and Littles are encouraged to use text, video and phone calls
- Lott Scout Service Center and McMillan Scout Shop open Mondays from 11 AM - 1 PM and Thursdays from 3 PM - 5PM. During this time, curbside service will be offered for scout shop purchases and appointments may be scheduled for other necessary transactions like processing registrations or submitting advancement records.
- All in-person council & district events, activities, and meetings will be cancelled and/or postponed until further notice
- Some troops continuing to meet online
- Boys and Girls Club will be having a kids summer camp starting June 1. Visit their website for more information on locations and enrollment.
Staff are available by cell phone or email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Providing pre-service volunteer training virtually
- Food Vouchers, Direct Client Assistance and Youth and Family Service clients can now schedule appointments online
- Youth and Family Services provided through online video chat for counseling and case management
- Resale Center now open Monday - Saturday
- Store hours:
- Senior shopping hours 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Store closed 11:30 AM to 12 PM for cleaning
- Open to all customers 12 PM - 5 PM
- All shoppers required to wear face masks
- Donations accepted Monday-Saturday, 9:30 AM - 4 PM
- Store hours:
- Communities in Schools is working closely with community and school leaders to provide assistance to the students they serve.
- Types of Assistance provided by Communities in Schools durng this time:
- "Telehealth" individual, family, and group counseling available.
- Please visit the website to request counseling using the "Sign Up" tab.
- Girl Scout troops meeting remotely
- Summer camp registration has been postponed
- All stores and donation centers open with sanitation and occupancy measures in place.
- Reopening for TPALS Participants
- Goodwill will be contacting each student individually by phone to discuss the suspension and how it affects them individually.
- Parkway Center open on Tuesday and Thursdays from 8:30 - 3:30 for homework help for children of essential services personnel
- Care is free for families. Call 806.763.3963 to enroll.
- In person services, will resume on May 4.
- Offering online classes for ESL and one-on-one and remote tutoring and study resources for GED
- In-Person classes cancelled until further notice
- Tiny Tots take home bags are being delivered to homes. Families can sign up here: https://forms.gle/wPbCYLVLjNbBFe489
- Please call the clinic to schedule your appointment to be seen. This will minimize the exposure of walk-in visits.
- Please only bring in the sick child(ren) and one adult if possible. This will allow us to minimize the number of individuals who are in the waiting area.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment at the East or North Clinic locations please provide us with a courtesy call to cancel or reschedule. Doing so will allow us to serve as many children as we can.
- We will operate clinics based on the healthcare needs of your child. If your child(ren) are:
- Sick Clinic (acute visits): East Location, 1307 Martin Luther King Blvd, 806.749.3800
- Wellness Clinic (physicals, well-exams, immunizations, ADHD Visits): North Clinic, 302 N. University, 806.749.3803
- On June 1, The Parenting Cottage will be able to resume additional services for families in a safe enviroment.
- They are encouraging parents to register early and call with any questions or concerns.
- The Parenting Cottage is implmenting virtual home visits with families through telephone, FaceTime, Zoom and other virtual resources
- Dining room closed. Take-away meels being provided at regular meal times
- Everyone that enters the facility to be subject to having the temperature taken (via infrared thermometer). Those exhibiting a temperature of 101.4 or above will be referred to medical/health authorities before being granted entry into facilities.
- Quarantine beds have been set up for anyone with a fever and/or symptom
- Hope Totes with essential cleaning supplies and rent and utilitity assistance available. Please call 806.765.9434
- Neighborhood House
- All applications and other assistance via phone 806.589.1907
- Anyone needing utility assistance must complete an online application through the Community Development website.
- Clients may call Neighborhood House for assistance in filling out the form.
- Food vouchers available Monday - Wednesday from 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM. Clients will be admitted into the office one at a time.
- Continuing to provide victim advocacy and assistance for sexual assault and sex trafficking victims
- Counseling for sexual assault victims offered online
- The Volunteer Center is now working remoteley, you can contact us at email@example.com
Visit getconnected.volunteerlubbock.org for listings of ways to help our community right now
United Way Youth Division (UWYD) encourages service and is available to any high school student. For a UWYD Application contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharon Bass email@example.com is available to listen/brainstorm with organizational leaders - both board and staff - concerning challenges and sustainability
- The YWCA Head Start and Early Head Start programs are temporarily suspended pending guidance from the national office.
For infants, toddlers and preschoolers, parents should call (806)776-9734 for any questions.
For school-aged children, parents should call (806)776-9505 for any questions.
To enroll, parents can go online http://www.ywcalubbock.org/camps/
YWCA is offering free lunches for children 18 and younger:
Pick up location: Talkington YWCA Sun 'n Fun at the concession stand window on the pool patio
Meals will be served Monday-Friday from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Women's Health Initiative receiving assistance remotely and through home deliveries
Champions for Children Luncheon
MUD Volleyball Tournament