16th Street and Avenue K
P.O. Box 2785
Lubbock, TX 79408
Phone: (806) 765-9434
Executive Director: Capt. Nathaniel Doria
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army of Lubbock offers the following services:
- Canteen Nightly: Members of the DART Team and/or staff use the mobile feeding unit (Canteen) to provide food, fluids and clothing during nightly feedings when the temperature is 32 degrees or below.
- Christian Church Services: Services held Sunday mornings at 11:00 am at the Corps Community Center. For more information about church programs, please call (806) 765-9434.
- Community Soup Kitchen: The Salvation Army makes available nutritious breakfasts and dinners, 365 days per year, to non sheltered, low income individuals in the Lubbock Community.
- Disaster Alert Response Team (DART): DART responds to various disaster situations, including, flooding, tornados, and fire, with its mobile feeding unit (Canteen).
- Family Services: Clients apply to receive clothing and food vouchers, electric gas and water bill payments, prescription assistance, and rent and mortgage assistance; The Salvation Army also offers referrals to medical care, counseling, GED, employment and placement services, child care, life skills and substance abuse treatment. All cases are monitored by trained social service workers.
- Shelter Services: The Shelter Program provides free emergency shelter and food to homeless individuals and families 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Services also include case management.
- Seasonal Services: Including providing supply-filled backpacks for back to school; Fall Harvest Carnival, a family-friendly alternative to Halloween; Holiday meals at Thanksgiving and Christmas serving over 300 meals each; Angel Tree program for children 15 and under; Red Kettle Program during Christmas; and Camping Programs which allow local, inner-city youth to attend summer camp near Dallas.
Corps Community Center:
1111 16th Street
Family Housing Facility and Social Services Building:
1614 Avenue J