April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month. Every day in Lubbock County an average of 3 children become confirmed victims of child abuse and neglect. The majority of victims are under the age of 3.
During the month of April, Lubbock area organizations come together to promote Go Blue Lubbock, a project of the South Plains Coalition for Child Abuse Prevention (SPCCAP). The purpose of Go Blue Lubbock is to bring awareness to the issue of child abuse and neglect and to educate our community about how to prevent the problem.
You can join this effort by wearing blue during April and participating in the many events hosted by SPCCAP and partnering agencies listed below.
GO BLUE LUBBOCK T-SHIRTS
Go Blue Lubbock t-shirts are being sold at cost to allow as many people as possible to purchase and wear them during the month of April to bring awareness to the issue of child abuse in our commuity.
The order deadline has passed. If you placed an order, your order will be available for pickup on or after March 30th at Lubbock Area United Way, 1655 Main Street, Suite 101.
CHILD ABUSE AWARENESS MONTH EVENTS
ABC Pro Rodeo Go Blue Night | Thursday, March 29, 2018 | 7:30 PM
- Location: City Bank Coliseum
- Tickets: available at the door or through Select-A-Seat
- For More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go Blue Lubbock Kickoff | Thursday , April 5, 2018 | 8:30 AM
- Location: Atmos Energy, 6606 66th St. (Behind McGavock Nissan)
- Registration: www.liveunitedlubbock.org/civicrm/event/register?id=15
- Sponsored by: South Plains Coalition for Child Abuse Prevention, Lubbock Area United Way, and the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce
- For More Information: Carolyn Simpson - email@example.com or (806) 747-271
Child Abuse Summit & Educational Symposium | Friday - Saturday, April 6 - 7, 2018
- Location: Knipling Education Center, 21st & Louisville, 6th Floor of West Parking Garage
- Registration: covenanthealth.inreachce.com
- Sponsored by: Covenant Health, South Plains Coalition for Child Abuse Prevention, and SPAG
- For More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 725-3105
Blue Ribbon Ceremony | Monday, April 9, 2018 | 1:00 PM
- Location: Covenant Children’s Hospital, 4000 24th St.
- For More Information: Belinda Waters - (806) 725-5779
Champions for Children Luncheon | Wednesday, April 18, 2018 |11:30 AM
- Location: Scottish Rite Learning Center, 1101 70th St.
- Sponsored by: Early Learning Centers of Lubbock
- For More Information: email@example.com or (806) 765-9981
Stand Up 4ORE Kids | Friday, April 27, 2018 | 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: 4ORE GOLF, 6909 Marsha Sharp Freeway
- Sponsored by: Children’s Advocacy Center
- For More Information: Judy Powell - firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 740-0251
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes | Saturday, April 28, 2018 | 10:00 AM
- Location: Lowe’s, S. Loop 289
- Sponsored by: Voice of Hope
- For More Information: voiceofhopelubbock.org or (806) 763-3232
Blue Ribbon Rally Saturday | Saturday, April 28, 2018 | 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Depot District
- Sponsored by: Family Guidance & Outreach Center
- For More Information: familyguidancecenterlubbock.org or (806) 747-5577